Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Today's Work




I've spent hours on this pic and another one (the same except kenzie is backwards and I'm treating the background differently. I am very happy with its progress except for her eye. I can't seem to get that the way I want it. If anyone has suggestions, please speak up. Otherwise, I'll keep plugging at it until either I ruin it or it comes out the way I want.... :-P I know her hair needs to come darker, but I hate to do it...I love the glow of it now. And I still need to work on the water in the foreground. The background water is much deeper in color than in the picture, but I like the contrast with Kenzie, and plus, I am a deep person(smile). This pic reminds me of how small we are in comparison to the planet, she looks so tiny in front of the huge ocean. In reality, she was originally drawn on 12 x 18 paper and took up the whole sheet. I then transferred that to the 22 x 30 sheet. You can't really see all of it in the picture, but this painting has a lot of texture, especially in the shallow water by Kenzie's feet. I love the texture, and will continue to experiment with it in other pictures.
Any suggestions for a title?
I thought "On the Rocks" because she was standing on the rocks in the shallow water at the beach near my house, but my daughter didn't like that suggestion. Maybe something about what I mentioned earlier? How small we are....hmmmm. Thank you for following me on my journey to find my voice...I hope this finds you all well.
Trish

No comments: