Friday, May 15, 2009

The Rose






A rose in my yard today...fate, I suppose, because I am working on a painting right now with roses in it.
The music is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdkGSH-N-L0 In case it doesn't work its Desert Rose by Sting.
This is the blue girl rose. The water droplets are natural. I took these pictures while home from work for "lunch" at 5 pm. It had just rained.
Some good rose quotes to inspire and charm:
But he that dares not grasp the thorn
Should never crave the rose.
Anne Bronte
I once had a rose named after me and I was very flattered. But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalogue: no good in a bed, but fine up against a wall.
Eleanor Roosevelt
There is nothing more difficult for a truly creative painter than to paint a rose, because before he can do so he has first to forget all the roses that were ever painted.
Henri Matisse


No comments: