I've been reading too much lately. I picked up the book "She's just THAT into you " by Linda Sunshine yesterday for some light comedy. This was my favorite part of the book. I decided to share it so that you can also have a laugh.
Twelve Steps For Hopeless Romantics Anonymous
From the Book: she's Just THAT into you by Linda Sunshine
1. We admitted that we were powerless over romance-that our love lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that Oprah Winfrey and Dr. Phil, two Powers greater than ourselves, could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of the first guy who agrees to support us.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of every married guy we ever tried to seduce by exposing our skimpy underwear at inappropriate moments.
5. Admitted to ourselves and another human being the exact nature of the wrongful sexual advances we made on men who were dating our best friends or family members.
6. Were entirely ready to have our best friend forget the bad stuff we did and focus on the time we remembered her birthday.
7. Humbly asked that our shortcomings be ignored or at least never again mentioned in our presence.
8. Made a list of all the men we had stalked, dialed and hung up on, or otherwise maligned at a dinner party or work-related function.
9. Made direct amends to such people whenever possible except when they were unwilling to ever talk to us again or we were prevented from doing so by a court order.
10. Continued to take a personal inventory and work diligently at finding someone we could blame for our shortcomings.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to stop giving away the milk before he purchased the cow and, speaking of cows, to lose twenty pounds before our next birthday! (My fav)
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to all hopeless romantics and to practice these principles in all our future affairs-God willing we have future affairs.